Phoenix American Incorporated is the parent of a diversified group of companies providing fund administration, sales automation and financial services to investment fund clients since 1972. Phoenix American Financial Services is an SEC-registered transfer agent with SOC 1, Type II audited administration processes administering millions of investments for hundreds of fund clients. Phoenix American and its Irish subsidiary PAFS Ireland, Ltd are the industry leader in managing agent and accounting services for asset-backed securitizations (ABS) in the commercial aviation industry managing over $60 billion of aviation assets. The company has a reputation for excellence providing unrivaled experience, superior technology and committed customer service to clients for 50 years.
Accounts Payable / Cash Administrator Career Opportunity
Phoenix American is excited to offer a career opportunity to qualified applicants interested in being part of a growing company with a relaxed and friendly work environment.
Career Opportunity Description
Applicants for this career opportunity must be able to perform performing a variety of accounts payable and accounts receivable functions with a computerized purchasing/payables system. Duties for this career position include, but are not limited to, data input, preparing checks, initiating banking activities, performing research, maintaining files and reviewing documents. Work is in a fun, fast-paced team environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this career opportunity:
- Performing a variety of routine accounts payable functions required to generate checks and record payments in a computerized purchasing/payables system.
- Preparing documents into organized groups based on department procedures in varying stages of payables processing.
- Requesting documents/signatures, etc. required to complete payment of invoices and avoid duplicate payments.
- Analyzing vendor accounts and researching past due or unusual items (i.e. missing P.O. #’s) with vendors.
- Inputting data into systems as required.
- Reviewing and calculating purchasing/payables documents and databases to assure accuracy and generating payments to vendors and employees based on business office procedures manual and department guidelines.
- Preparing accounts payable reports and maintaining all accounts payable files.
- Providing assistance in monthly closings and other special projects as necessary.
- This career opportunity involves performing other related department functions as required.
Qualifications for Career Opportunity
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent data entry skills and attention to detail
- Ability to use computer technology to perform accounts payable and accounts receivable functions and maintain related records
- Ability to understand and follow company procedures and policies
- Oral and written communication skills to support basic problem-solving with originators and vendors
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- This career opportunity requires the ability to learn and adopt new processes and procedures
- AA Degree or equivalent combination of education and career experience
- One (1) year of experience in accounts payable using an automated computer system or other similar environments (i.e. bank teller)
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- All career opportunity applicant information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Remote Work Career Opportunity