Phoenix American is the parent a diversified group of companies providing back-office financial services to investment fund clients since 1972. Phoenix American is a registered transfer agent with the Securities and Exchange Commission and has administered millions of investments for hundreds of funds of every size, strategy and asset class. The company performs full-service fund administration for private equity and venture capital funds and sales reporting and data analytics for mutual funds and other asset management companies. Phoenix American is also the industry leader in the field of managing agent and administration services for asset-backed securitizations (ABS) in the commercial aviation industry. The company has a reputation for excellence, offering unparalleled experience, superior technology and committed customer service to clients for more than 50 years.
Finance Manager Job Opportunity
Phoenix American is excited to offer a job opportunity to qualified applicants interested in being part of a growing company with a relaxed and friendly work environment.
Description of Job Opportunity
Full-time position with partial work from home job opportunity to oversee all banking functions, including corporate accounts payable, daily deposit process, disbursement of funds for clients of multiple service platforms and foreign currency transactions. Also, handle communication with domestic and foreign banks for both internal and external clients. Job will include managing a team of 3 in daily operations and will be responsible for maintaining a high degree of customer service on all processes. For this job opportunity we are seeking a highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented person for the position willing to participate in various job processes as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Job:
- Supervise accounts payable processes, including daily invoice processing, weekly check runs, month-end close to General Ledger and perform related reporting jobs and reconciliations.
- Supervise and participate in daily communication with banks performing transactions on behalf of clients.
- Perform daily cash balance, activity and projection reporting, including reporting to senior management.
- Hands-on supervision of daily deposit processes, plus daily review of bank balances and reporting.
- Monitor departmental job deadlines and liaison with other departments to ensure timely submission of payment requests.
- Manage and perform annual processing of corporate IRS Form 1099s to applicable vendors and ensure compliance to regulations.
- Assist in migration to Oracle Financials AP & AR modules in Release 12i from current version 10.
- Establish and maintain appropriate policies & procedures and internal controls.
- Create new methods for efficiencies as applicable.
- Interact with internal departments, external clients, and coordinate with oversees subsidiary companies performing similar processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- At least 7+ years of job experience in cash management functions required
- Prior job experience in managing staff required.
- Understanding of banking industry processes terminology.
- Understanding general ledger transactions.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
· Prior experience with Oracle accounting software preferred.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
· Must have excellent analytical skills and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work independently.
Job Candidate Profile
- Seeks to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Adapts to new situations and changing job responsibilities.
- Functions as an effective team member and supervisor.
- Interacts and cooperates to assist others.
- Addresses issues and makes suitable suggestions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- All applicant information for this career opportunity will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Human Resources Department
125 E. Sir Francis Drake Blvd., Suite 301
Larkspur, CA 94939