Phoenix American Incorporated is the parent of a diversified group of companies providing fund administration, sales automation and financial services to investment fund clients since 1972. Phoenix American Financial Services is an SEC-registered transfer agent with SOC 1, Type II audited administration processes administering millions of investments for hundreds of funds. Phoenix American and its Irish subsidiary PAFS Ireland, Ltd are the industry leader in managing agent and accounting services for asset-backed securitizations (ABS) in the commercial aviation industry managing over $60 billion of aviation assets. The company has a reputation for excellence providing unrivaled experience, superior technology and committed customer service to clients for 50 years.
HR Generalist Job Opportunity
Phoenix American is excited to offer a job opportunity to qualified applicants interested in being part of a growing company with a relaxed and friendly work environment.
The Human Resources Generalist job supports the HR Director in all aspects of Human Resources particularly payroll and job benefit administration. Job role includes responsibility for the complete job recruiting process and all department invoices and assisting in any Facilities needs.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
This job will include the following tasks:
- Audit, approve and process monthly benefit invoices
- Process new hires, terminations and changes to HRIS and with various carriers.
- Manage the Ease Central benefit platform; make sure all employees are added, terminated and/or job changes are made.
- Assist HR Director with coordination of annual Open Enrollment.
- Conduct New Employee Benefits Orientation; in person and/or over Zoom.
- Backup for semi-monthly 401(k) contribution upload to Fidelity from payroll.
The job holder will be expected to:
- Post open job positions in SmartRecruiters and within Phoenix American’s career page on the intranet in conjunction with IT.
- Manage SmartRecruiters software.
- Schedule interviews with hiring managers and/or hiring personnel.
- Conduct initial screening interviews with job applicants, discuss the company and explain all job benefits and perks.
- Extend job offers, complete background checks and employee fingerprinting.
- Create the New Hire ticket/Termination ticket within the IT Service Desk
- Conduct New Hire Orientation; in person and/or over Zoom.
This job includes acting as backup to the HR Director in all payroll processing. Tasks include:
- Inputting data from time and attendance software
- Employee changes
- Adding new hires
- Terminating employees
- Calculating and printing manual checks when necessary.
- Conducting research and answering employee questions as needed.
- Complying with State and Federal payroll requirements/laws.
- Acting as the Time and Attendance expert (Kronos Workforce Ready).
HR Compliance & General Administration
The HR Generalist will:
- Maintain all personnel files.
- Maintain New Hire packets and HR forms; hard copies and online copies.
- Process miscellaneous invoices to include Facilities.
- Help coordinate various HR projects, i.e., Company events, annual performance reviews, service awards, etc.
- Assist HR Director with annual audits, i.e., 401(k), SOC, Worker’s Comp, etc.
- Keep HR Home Page on the intranet up to date in coordination with IT.
- Other duties as assigned.
Training and Development
The HR Generalist will be expected to:
- Manage the Harassment Training for all employees/managers.
- Help train new and existing employees in the Time and Attendance system as needed.
- At least 2 – 3 years Human Resources/office job experience and/or a combination of job experience/education.
S. Degree in a related field preferred
- CPP or PHR Certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of California and Federal employment laws
- Some knowledge of various State employment laws
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook. ADP ProBusiness experience is helpful.
Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and ability to conduct Zoom interviews, meetings and various orientations
- Ability to effectively interact with employees, managers, and vendors
Ability to work independently
- This job position is eligible to work remotely, however job will require work at the office on a weekly basis for filing, mail, meetings, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- All job applicant information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Phoenix American Incorporated
Human Resources Department
2401 Kerner Blvd.
San Rafael, CA 94901