Phoenix American is the parent a diversified group of companies providing back-office financial services to investment fund clients since 1972. Phoenix American is a registered transfer agent with the Securities and Exchange Commission and has administered millions of investments for hundreds of funds of every size, strategy and asset class. The company performs full-service fund administration for private equity and venture capital funds and sales reporting and data analytics for mutual funds and other asset management companies. Phoenix American is also the industry leader in the field of managing agent and administration services for asset-backed securitizations (ABS) in the commercial aviation industry. The company has a reputation for excellence, offering unparalleled experience, superior technology and committed customer service to clients for more than 50 years.
Payroll Specialist Job Opportunity
Phoenix American is excited to offer a job opportunity to qualified applicants interested in being part of a growing company with a relaxed and friendly work environment.
Phoenix American has a growing staff and is currently offering a number of career opportunities. We are currently seeking an individual to help grow our Investor Tax Services Department for clients that manage various non-traded investment programs including private equity funds, venture capital funds and real estate investment trusts (REITs). The Tax Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of client investor tax reporting services and assisting with various levels of corporate sales, property and tax reporting responsibilities.
This is a hybrid career position. Applicant must be able to commute to Larkspur, CA.
Description of Job Opportunity
Responsible for performing all payroll related job functions including all payroll policies and activities, reporting, employment, compensation and 401(k) plan. Supports HR Manager by assisting with all HR responsibilities including Job benefits administration, leave of absence processing, employee required training, and new hire processing. Job will include acting as full back-up for HR Manager.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Primary Job Duties
- Process semi-monthly employee payroll meeting all payroll processing deadlines.
- Enter all changes to master records as necessary
- Pull exception pay from Kronos for entry to payroll system
- Provide various reports and disbursements to Accounting to include FSA/HSA and 401(k) contributions
- Updates sick and vacation accruals
- Process semi-monthly 401(k) disbursements and upload to record keeper.
- Answer and research all 401(k) inquiries from current and past participants.
- Point of contact for annual 401(k) audit
- Perform all payroll tax duties/payments as related to all States outside of California
- To include online reporting to various agencies monthly, quarterly or other
- Payment of required policies in other States such as WComp
- Provides guidelines and administrative support of human resources and payroll activities for payroll processing and 401k, and benefits as needed.
- Interprets company policies and government regulations affecting payroll procedures.
- Provides services to employees to answer their human resources and payroll needs.
- Coordinates transfer of data to external vendors, plan providers, auditors, and consultants.
- Prepares and submits government-mandated reports.
- Audits retirement plans for compliance with government regulations.
- Directs development and maintenance of human resources information systems to ensure record keeping and reporting requirements are accurate and timely.
Support Duties of the Job
- Helps organize social events.
- Job includes assisting in filing and maintaining employee records including but not limited to personnel records, benefits, absent tracking, COBRA, and 401(k).
- Prepares and communicates information to employees and former employees about benefit programs, procedures, changes, and government-mandated disclosures.
- Assists HR Manager in the administration of the KRONOS timekeeping system, ensuring that managers approve all of their employee time cards on a monthly basis in order to provide accurate sick and vacation reporting.
- Provide guidelines and administrative support of human resources such as job recruitment, benefits and employee relations.
- Assists with administering COBRA.
- Job includes performing other administrative tasks as needed.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 4 years minimum job experience in full payroll processing (Management or Specialist level preferred)
- 3+ years ADP job experience using Workforce Now (WFN) a must
- Strong Microsoft Excel
- Strong HRIS and/or Payroll Reporting capabilities a must
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The job requires a high level of problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communicator at all levels.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels, in all departments, in an upbeat and professional manner.
- Strong working knowledge of regulations such as ADA, EEOC, FMLA, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, maintain confidentiality and multitask.
- Detail-oriented and good follow-through a must.
- Job requires good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently
Equal Opportunity Employer
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Phoenix American Incorporated
Human Resources Department
125 E. Sir Francis Drake Blvd., Suite 301
Larkspur, CA 94939