Phoenix American Incorporated is made up of a diversified group of companies providing financial services to clients over a long career beginning in 1972. Our Financial Services Company is a registered transfer agent with the SEC and has administered millions of investments for hundreds of funds. We are a leader in the field of securitization administration and accounting managing over $14 billion of aviation assets at original issuance. We have a reputation for excellence providing distinctive quality, superior technology and committed customer service to our clients over a career of over 50 years.
Tax Manager Career Opportunity
Phoenix American is excited to offer a job opportunity to qualified applicants interested in being part of a growing company with a relaxed and friendly work environment.
Description of Career Opportunity
Phoenix American has a growing staff and is currently offering a number of career opportunities. We are currently seeking an individual to help grow our Investor Tax Services Department for clients that manage various non-traded investment programs including private equity funds, venture capital funds and real estate investment trusts (REITs). The Tax Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of client investor tax reporting services and assisting with various levels of corporate sales, property and tax reporting responsibilities.
This is a hybrid career position. Applicant must be able to commute to Larkspur, CA.
Responsibilities for this career opportunity include:
- Maintaining continuous interaction with clients
- Managing expectations and ensuring outstanding client service
- Partnering with tax professionals to provide comprehensive tax solutions.
- Assisting with the preparation of client activity reconciliations, including distributions, interest, gross & net redemptions, and return of capital.
- Overseeing accurate preparation and distribution of client 1099 and K-1 forms.
- E-filing 1099s with the IRS and CA FTB
- Providing K-1 information to clients for their own tax E-filing.
- Assisting with E-filings of client tax returns and K-1s.
Additional tasks of career position:
- Determine all information required to ensure/complete accurate tax compliance products within budget. Formulate a plan to gather/communicate information. Determine areas of exposure and adapt to challenges in the compliance process.
- Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
- Help to develop and guide staff and other junior tax professionals by providing effective performance feedback, on-the-job training, and ensuring team responsibilities are consistent with skills and career developmental goals.
- Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to moderately complex situations.
- Keep team members informed of work status.
- Understand complex investment structures
- Prepares/review S corporation federal and state income tax returns, including preparation/review of applicable account analysis.
- Prepares/reviews estimated income tax payments
- Prepares/reviews sales and property tax filings
- Coordinates e-filing of all tax returns
Qualifications for Career Opportunity
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in accounting, finance or a related field and approximately 5+ years of PE tax-related career experience
- An advanced degree in tax or law is highly desirable
- CPA certification, Enrolled Agent or JD a plus but not required
- Big 4 career experience a plus
- A minimum of 3 years of career experience with alternative investment fund tax or equivalent career experience in business or the financial services industry
- Familiarity with the financial services industry gained through direct involvement with managed investment vehicles
- Knowledge of foreign reporting requirements
- Broad career exposure to federal income taxation and some exposure to state and local taxation.
- Excellent managerial, organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
What This Career Position Offers
- A high level of visibility within the Phoenix American organization.
- An upwards career trajectory.
- The ability to define marketing processes, drive innovation and have a tangible impact on the business.
- Career position is part of a dynamic and fast-paced team that makes a genuine impact on revenue and sales pipeline.
- Exposure to all aspects of the business, cross-jurisdiction and to working with senior management directly.
- The opportunity to innovate, bring discipline to brand activity and really make a difference.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- All applicant information for this career opportunity will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- This career position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Phoenix American Incorporated
Human Resources Department
2401 Kerner Blvd.
San Rafael, CA 94901