Phoenix American provides end-to-end transfer agent services for private capital funds of any structure, strategy or asset class. The revolutionary STAR-XMS shareholder record keeping system centralizes all back-office functions in a single database with powerful reporting capabilities, enabling Phoenix American to achieve an unparalleled level of operational efficiency. STAR-XMS’s sales and transaction reporting output empowers your sales teams to drive sales success. Phoenix American is an SEC-registered transfer agent with SOC 1, Type II audited processes. System design and transfer agent processes adhere to Securities Transfer Association (STA) guidelines.
New Investment Onboarding
Multiple efficient cost-effective options for entry of new investment data to the shareholder registry of record.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Professionalism– A third party transfer agent frees management to focus on capital raising and asset acquisition.
- Efficiency– An experienced fund services provider using specialized systems maximizes return on your operational dollar.
- Credibility– Institutional-class outsourced transfer agent services infrastructure fulfills the due diligence requirements of institutional and ultra-high-net-worth investors.
- Compliance– Audited back-office services satisfy regulators, managing broker-dealers and investment platforms. Also, the compliance capabilities of advanced transfer agent systems streamlines investor qualifying, validation and clearing.
- Integration– A single provider of fund accounting, investor services and tax document production saves on costs, minimizes errors and maximizes data security.
- Scalability– A fund benefits throughout its life cycle from a fund administration platform that can expand and adapt as the fund grows and changes.
- Reputation– Responsive investor services and customized informative deliverables promote confidence in your investment brand among investors and advisors.
Fund administration services has been our primary line of business for over 40 years. We have the talent, technology and economies of scale to maximize efficiency and affordability. With Phoenix American’s menu of offerings you choose the level of service that suits your needs. Whether you choose our full transfer agent services package or our application-only system solution, you leverage our skilled personnel and technological infrastructure to compliment your own capabilities more efficiently addressing your investor services needs. Either way, you save time and money.
Your contract will be tailored to the individual needs of your business. There will be a one-time implementation fee and a monthly administration and system acces fee thereafter. You will find the value and ease of working with Phoenix American far superior to the expense and difficulty of purchasing the equipment and maintaining the staff to perform transfer agent functions in-house.
Phoenix American provides multiple VPN (Virtual Private Network) solutions for secure access to your data in our transfer agent system. We maintain strict controls regarding access to all investor services applications, networks, servers, and databases. Only authorized Phoenix American staff and your designated employees will have direct access to your investor data. The STAR-XMS system has security settings that limit your personnel to accessing only the investor services data they need.
An investor services account manager is assigned as your day-to-day point of contact for transfer agent functions. Your account manager will respond to any questions, investigate concerns, oversee account activity and coordinate any adjustments that might be needed. A knowledgeable backup account manager will also be assigned to your team to ensure that answers and services will always be available.
No. Your investors will not be aware of the transition to Phoenix American unless you choose to inform them. Your company will retain full management control at all times. Phoenix American is engaged solely as your administrative provider and can act transparently as a white labelled service for any range of investor, accounting or transfer agent services. We provide you the flexibility to outsource any aspect of your investment administration, leaving you in complete control.
Phoenix American eliminates the overhead and staffing issues of full-time in-house administration operations. Our unique regimen of operational checks and balances eliminates back office problems and accelerates your workflow. Phoenix American transfer agent services are a customized solution built around the way you work. The STAR-XMS system minimizes errors, accelerates processes and connects with offices and entities throughout the industry. You not only save on operational costs but gain accelerated processing, visibility of your fund across the industry and sales reporting capabilities that help drive new sales. The experience of our personnel, the power of our technology infrastructure and our operational economies of scale give you a significant advantage over any other transfer agent solution.
Yes. Phoenix American provides accreditation services as part of out transfer agent services package in strict compliance with SEC rule 501 establishing qualification by annual income or net worth for 506(c) and Regulation A+ funds. Employing automated and manual systems as needed, we accept submitted documentation and direct contact with investors to establish the qualification of each investor. A Phoenix American Accredited Investor Certificate (with attorney signature) is then issued to the investor by your account team. This certificate is valid accreditation for use with any alternative investment for 90 days as specified under federal law.
The STAR-XMS system includes an accreditation module for clients where the accredited investor information for a fund is available and searchable along with all supporting documentation. This information is accessible for audit support and to streamline the process of re-accreditation of investors for future programs.
Yes. This is a standard feature of our transfer agent offering. Revisions to the registration requirements under Section 12(g) of the Exchange Act mandate an annual test for accredited investor status. Issuers must establish a reasonable belief, at the end of each fiscal year, that they do not have 500 investors that are not accredited.
The Phoenix American investor web portal makes the process easy. When investors log in to their online account, they will be prompted, each year, to check a box verifying that they remain accredited investors. Re-verification will be tracked and reported on an ongoing basis in the accreditation module of STAR-XMS, the system of record.
Phoenix American can conduct mail, email or telephone campaigns on your behalf encouraging investors to log in to their online account and verify their status.
We are a crowdfunding platform. Do you provide transfer agent and investor services for special purpose vehicles (SPVs)?
Yes. For crowdfunding platform operators, Phoenix American offers a complete transfer agent solution utilizing the STAR-XMS system for the administration of special purpose vehicles. Automated new business entry, distributions, transfers, accounting and K-1 processing are available in a package tailored to the needs of crowdfunding platforms. Phoenix American solutions for crowdfunding portals streamline operational efficiency while remaining invisible to the investor.
Yes. Phoenix American processes capital calls and proxies as part of our full transfer agent package. The STAR-XMS system is designed to manage timely capital call calculation, notification and outreach as specified by you. We provide end-to-end proxy preparation, delivery and tabulation services, all performed in our secure headquarters facility in San Rafael, CA. Multiple modes of solicitation and voting are available and we provide follow-up solicitation as needed to ensure you achieve the required participation.
Learn More About Transfer Agent Services
- A Transfer Agent’s Role in Your Fund
- The Profit Potential of Your Transfer Agent Relationship
- What Exactly Does a Transfer Agent Do?
- When Should You Use a Transfer Agent?
- Your Transfer Agent as a Profit Center
- The Transfer Agent Role in the Crowdfunding Era
- SOC 1 Type II Audit of Transfer Agent Processes
- Save Money with Transfer Agent Services
- Transfer Agent Services 101 – An Introduction for Private Equity and Venture Capital Funds
- How a Transfer Agent Works for You
- Transfer Agent Support for Every Structure and Scale of Fund
- How a Transfer Agent Partner Helps Save You Money
- Case Study in Transfer Agent Services – Private Investors in a Public Fund
- Transfer Agent Processes and the SOC 1 and Type II Audit
- Transfer Agents for Alternatives – What to Look For
- A Valuable Operational Ally for Private Equity and Venture Capital – Outsourced Transfer Agent Services
- Private Investors in a Public Fund – A Case Study in Transfer Agent Innovation
- What is a Transfer Agent?
- What to Look For in a Transfer Agent
- Introduction to Transfer Agents Services for Private Equity and Venture Capital Funds
- The Transfer Agent That’s Right For You
- The Right Transfer Agent for You
- Focus on Transfer Agent Services
- Versatile and Scalable Transfer Agent Services
- An SEC Registered Transfer Agent
- Transfer Agent Services That Profit Your Fund
- Startup Crowdfunding and Transfer Agent Services
- Versatile and Scalable Transfer Agent Services
- Evaluating a Transfer Agent
- Transfer Agent Functions in Focus
- When to Hire a Transfer Agent
- THE SOC, 1 Type II Audit and Phoenix American Transfer Agent Services
- Our Focus on Transfer Agent Services
- How Transfer Agent Services Save you Money
- Transfer Agent for Private Equity and Venture Capital – A Valuable Back-Office Ally
- Transfer Agent For Startup Crowdfunding
- How to Evaluate a Transfer Agent
- What is the Function of a Transfer Agent?